More Space after partial hdd upgrade

Alpha-Inc.

Dabbler
Hello everybody,

I've been running a TrueNAS system with 11x 10 TB HDDs on version TrueNAS Core 12 U7 and started replacing my hdds since a few days.
Yesterday I had about 83% of my space full (approximately 10.12 TiB left) but after the successful replacement (and resilvering) of my 7th disk and an update to TrueNAS Core 12 U8 I noticed that this has changed to about 80% of my space left (14,17 TiB).

I'm now wondering why I have 4 TiB more space on my server since I deleted nothing; Is it due to my HDD replacements? If yes, I thought I would only get more space if all of my HDDs have been replaced and the same size.

Thank you in advance.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I'm now wondering why I have 4 TiB more space on my server since I deleted nothing; Is it due to my HDD replacements? If yes, I thought I would only get more space if all of my HDDs have been replaced and the same size.
11 disks implies you're not running mirrors, but maybe you have more than 1 VDEV? in that case, you can see the additional space appearing once you have completed one of the VDEVs' replacements.

An expired/removed snapshot that contained deletions may also explain it.

Alpha-Inc.

Dabbler
11 disks implies you're not running mirrors, but maybe you have more than 1 VDEV? in that case, you can see the additional space appearing once you have completed one of the VDEVs' replacements.

An expired/removed snapshot that contained deletions may also explain it.
Sorry forgot to mention that, I Have one vdev with a raid z3 configuration.

I haven’t made a snapshot I a long time so I doubt it’s that