Mixed VDEV when disks are the same size?

Marx

Cadet
I just added a new 6x8 VDEV to a pool. I didn't have any issues or warnings when adding the VDEV, but now on the dashboard it's warning me about a mixed VDEV. The UI shows all the drives are the same size however if I look at zpool list -v it shows one VDEV is 43.6 and one VDEV is 43.7.

Anyone know what can cause this? Or how to fix it or possible suppress the warning? I guess it's really not that much of an issue practically, just annoying seeing a warning about my pool all the time.

Marx

Cadet
I'm on the latest Bluefin release. TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.2. I know it's not really a real problem since there isn't going to be a performance issue over that, it's just a bit weird and I don't want to get used to seeing alerts on it before realizing a real problem.

I don't understand the warning. On my Core system, I have a pool comprised of a 4 TiB vdev + 8 TiB vdev. No warnings, no alerts, nowhere in the GUI.

I can't even find a configurable alert for it.

Is this a new "alert" for SCALE? If so, why? Having a pool built from different sized vdevs is common.

Marx

Cadet
I don't understand the warning. On my Core system, I have a pool comprised of a 4 TiB vdev + 8 TiB vdev. No warnings, no alerts, nowhere in the GUI.

I can't even find a configurable alert for it.

Is this a new "alert" for SCALE? If so, why? Having a pool built from different sized vdevs is common.

I tried to post a pic but it doesn't seem to be available to me without linkout outside the Truenas website...but it's just a warning in the dashboard over a .1 TB perceived difference (according to zpool list -v) even though the drives are all the same.