Mirror & Stripe w/ Existing Data

grone

Dabbler
Sorry if this is easily searchable -- I've looked for a while and possibly stumbled across the solution already, but since my search results are now all "read" it's a lot of re-reading to find the answer.

Running a new installation of TrueNAS SCALE.

I currently have a 4TB mirror for files I don't want to lose, and a 12TB single disk for everything else. They all are in use and have data on them.

I would like to add another 12TB drive to mirror what I already have, and then transfer the contents from the existing 4TB mirror over and then turf the 4TB drives.

Once that is transferred and I've saved up a few more gil, I would like to then add another 2x12TB mirror and stripe the mirrors.

Is all this achievable through the web interface, whilst maintaining the existing data?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Is all this achievable through the web interface, whilst maintaining the existing data?
Not sure I got exactly what you wanted other than making a 12TB mirror from a stripe, but that's certainly doable.

Under Storage | Pools (which is the default view in SCALE) then the cogwheel icon for the pool with a single 12TB | Status ...

Then the 3 dots to the right of your disk, then Extend
1657796860350.png

Pick the additional 12TB disk and away you go to resilver to a mirror.

grone

Dabbler
Not sure I got exactly what you wanted other than making a 12TB mirror from a stripe, but that's certainly doable.

Under Storage | Pools (which is the default view in SCALE) then the cogwheel icon for the pool with a single 12TB | Status ...

Then the 3 dots to the right of your disk, then Extend
View attachment 56861

Pick the additional 12TB disk and away you go to resilver to a mirror.

Ta.

And if I were to then stripe with another mirror in the future, how would I go about that?

sretalla