Minimum Boot Disk Size

NugentS

MVP
Does anyone know the minimum boot disk size needed for TrueNAS to install and boot.
I am currently booting a QNAP TS-853A from a USB stick stickout out the back and would like to change this to an eUSB module replacing the 0.5GB factory eUSB module.
But given the price of them - I would like to use minimum size.
Currently my boot pool uses 1+GB for FreeNAS-12-0-Release and 1+GB for 12.0-U3. This would suggest that I could, with care, get away with a 4GB module rather than 8 or 16GB.
I bought a 16GB module from AliExpress - but it don't work - which doesn't surprise me too much so will have to buy a proper one which is a LOT more money

But I thought I would check on here first

NugentS

MVP
Anyone else tried anything smaller?
I might, when the current snapshot transfer is complete try a 4GB or an 8GB USB drive (depending on what I can find) - but was hoping someone would know

sretalla