miniDLNA problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoboville

Dabbler
I am running FreeNAS 9.1.1 with the latest version of miniDLNA plugin, on a Q6600 w/ 8 GB of RAM and 4 newish (tested) drives in RAIDZ2. They all work fine, and I've had no problems managing file reads and writes over CIFS. All reads and writes have been maxing out a 1 Gbit connection and SMART reports drives in good health.

The problem I am running in to is that I can use miniDLNA on my Ps3 as a media server just fine to watch videos and serve media, however, if I don't play any content for more than 10 or 20 minutes, the DLNA server is no longer detected by any device on my network. The CIFS shares are still there/fully usable and the server is otherwise running fine, but I have to go in and restart the minnDLNA Jail for the server to be found again by any DLNA client.

My FN main IP is set to 192.168.1.180/24 and the Jail is at 181/24. Both the Jail and main IP ping fine when the service isn't discoverable. The Jail only has the: IP configured, VIMAGE off, and autostart enabled. Restarting only the plugin doesn't change anything so I have to assume the problem is with the Jail or network, which may have something to do with the following: my motherboard has dual (crappy) Realtec "gigabit" nics, that aren't connected (eth0 / eth1). Instead, my single gbit connection is to a PCIe Broadcom Netxtreme nic.

It's not a huge problem, but it requires too much babysitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.