Minidlna No UDP Multicast outside a jail @ Freenas 9.2.1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeckJeck

Cadet
Dear Forum,
I am desperate:
I have a new Freenas 9.2.1.3 up and running. I am trying to run a minidlna in a jail...here the status
  • minidlna installed inside a jail via automatic plugin installation.
  • minidlna is up and running, I can reach its website @ Port 8200 from any PC in the LAN, watching the media database being built up
  • I can ping the jail from any PC in the LAN. It is also visible with its IP Address in the home router
  • Same applies for the FreeNas Host: can be ping'ed and is visible from everywhere inside the LAN; SMB CIFS also works perfect
Problem: The minidlna media content server cannot be discovered from any machine inside the LAN

Test:
  • traceroute on the jail: Multicast Traffic for SSDP visibile (used to announce the DLNA Server) - OK!
  • traceroute on the host: Multicast Traffic from the jail is also visible on the freenas host
  • wireshark on a PC: No (!) SSDP multicasts from the jail are visible in the LAN, tested on a win7 PC in the LAN
  • However crosscheck: Wireshark proofes that SSDP multicasts are broadcasted in my LAN, tested it with some other dlna media server

What could be the problem???

JeckJeck

Cadet
The only firewall in the network is in the WAN Router connecting me to my ISP. For testing resons I have switched it off on all hosts.
In addition to this: As written earlier my network can handle SSDP Multicasts as I can see them in wireshark if sent by some other DLNA server.

Any other ideas?

Makki

Explorer
Has this ever been solved? I have a similar issue using UPNP/DLNA in a jail: no multicast getting in&out using VIMAGE, no NAT, the application cannot even bind to multicast addresses..

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.