Migrating from NAS4Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Bravin

Contributor
Hello all I'm new to freenass (my first day) and I'm coming from nas4free. I have, had i consider a small setup consisting 4X2tb in one vpool and 4x1tb in a second vpool in nas4free all formated to raidz1. I'm converting to freenass for several reasons. All went fine with the installation and now i imported the disks. Frenass "sees" the drives but when it created the pool it did not recognise the 4x1tb (they are in an ICYBox) what am i doing incorrectly? thank you

kdragon75

Wizard
Please describe the steps you've taken. Also you will need to post the exact parts used to build your server.

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems

William Bravin

Contributor

William Bravin

Contributor
Please describe the steps you've taken. Also you will need to post the exact parts used to build your server.
Hi
Thank you for your quick response

1 installed freenas on USB
2 rebooted machine
3 in storage I selected import disks
4 selected UFS
5 go to pool

find 6.25 tb available used 1.4 tb in media dataset then
iocage dataset used 2,4gb used and 6.26 available (i do not know what this is)

1.4TB used sound correct for the size of my data how ever I should have over 11 tb available

William Bravin

Contributor

garm

Wizard
Please have a look at the forum rules and specify your question in the way laid out by it. We don’t know what you have, what you have done, what you try to accomplish or what didn’t work.

Last edited:

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Perhaps what you didn't get is that importing a UFS disk doesn't result in that disk becoming available for use in the system... it just pulls the data across to an existing zfs pool.

FreeNAS will not operate with a UFS disk (except during an import operation).
3 in storage I selected import disks
4 selected UFS

William Bravin

Contributor
hello all. a bit of background. I have been suffering this last week from the latest win 10 upgrade. Non of my pcs showed any device under explorer network. This is almost resolved. HOwever this brought in highlight an issue with my freenas server.

The issue was it was taking a long time to boot. So i decided to put a monitor on it. what i saw was the following error repeating itself over and over again. the error was:

CAM STATUS: ATA status error
ATA status 41; (DRDY err). 40 (unc)
res 51 40 ae with a different address every time

Is there a fix for this or should i re-install?

sretalla