MemTest86 Reports a Lot of ECC Correctable Errors (Bad Memory Module?)

SeaWolfX

Explorer
I did a couple of runs with MemTest86 on a new server I am building and each time it reports a lot of correctable ECC errors. Does this indicate that there is something wrong with the memory module and I should just replace it or are there other things I could investigate? I have tried reseating it and also changing memory slot, but I get the same results. This is my setup:
I'm not sure how to get a list of all the errors, but there seems to be even more than the two sectors when looking at the output when the test is actually running. There seems to be similar errors reported from most of the 13 tests.

Any chance that there can be anything other than the memory causing the errors, like the motherboard or CPU? Might there have been anything I have overlooked or done wrong prior to running the test? Any BIOS settings perhaps?

1615136285414.png

1615136323912.png

SeaWolfX

Explorer
Can there be an issue with voltage levels etc. that may cause these errors?

ThreeDee

Guru
maybe try updating BIOS to 1.5 and see if that helps ...

SeaWolfX

Explorer
maybe try updating BIOS to 1.5 and see if that helps ...

Yep, I could have a try at that. I actually read through the release notes for 1.5 the other day, but I could not see anything might address this issue specifically, but then again there is a lot written there I do not understand :)

Btw. I noticed something curious when looking at the notes for 1.0b. One item says "Set the default of 'Memory Corrected Error Enabling' to Disabled." I hope it just means that they disabled the option to enable/disable ECC, but I thought that was addressed by point 15.

1615275159570.png