Members - removed from menu bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpsguy

Yesterday I noticed that "Members" is no longer a menu choice. How come it was removed?

upload_2017-2-12_8-27-49.png

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
We're discussing this. Long story short, there may be performance concerns related to that page.

I personally feel that the page adds value - however, I can't really think of a specific scenario that confirms this feeling of mine. Thoughts on this matter are appreciated.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Try getting on at 4:30 in the morning EDT. You might after a while if you don't get a bad gateway error.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
We're discussing this. Long story short, there may be performance concerns related to that page.

I personally feel that the page adds value - however, I can't really think of a specific scenario that confirms this feeling of mine. Thoughts on this matter are appreciated.

I find value in comparing the number of posts I've made to the number made by other forum members. That way I can detect when a young upstart like @m0nkey_ is catching up to my post count. I can then respond by spamming the forums with inane posts.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Good news everyone!

We determined that there's little to no point in removing the page, along with significant disadvantages. Additionally, keeping the page is standard procedure in (nearly) all XenForo forums.

The page should be back up shortly.

Minus four internet points for anyone who didn't read the first line in a prof. Farnsworth voice.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Only 55 more posts before I catch @jkh . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.