Media browser now Emby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus33

Patron
Media browser has been updated and changed its name to emby.

The new version is now in the plugin area and can be installed at your desire.

There was no decent way to update the old one so its a clean install of the new version for everyone.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Media browser has been updated and changed its name to emby.

The new version is now in the plugin area and can be installed at your desire.

There was no decent way to update the old one so its a clean install of the new version for everyone.
Yeah, I'll look into it. But at this time I don't know of a way to migrate from mediabrowser to emby without doing it manually =[

Magnus33

Patron
lol

Sort of misread that or i wasn't clear (more then likely)

Was just letting those that use media browser but didn't know about the update know whats happened.

jasn

Dabbler
I just switched from Mediabrowser to Emby, by first deleting the Mediabrowser plugin, (which deleted the mediabrowser_1 jail), and then installing Emby which created a new emby_1 jail. I then configured the Emby server and everything is working fine. The Emby server scanned the media volume, and I've configured the server to add metadata, which I noticed is being done as the default emby user, with a UID/GID of 896.

The problem is that I can no longer delete the directories created by the emby user, from the media volume when it's NFS mounted on my desktop PC.

What would be the best way to solve this?

Thanks..

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I just switched from Mediabrowser to Emby, by first deleting the Mediabrowser plugin, (which deleted the mediabrowser_1 jail), and then installing Emby which created a new emby_1 jail. I then configured the Emby server and everything is working fine. The Emby server scanned the media volume, and I've configured the server to add metadata, which I noticed is being done as the default emby user, with a UID/GID of 896.

The problem is that I can no longer delete the directories created by the emby user, from the media volume when it's NFS mounted on my desktop PC.

What would be the best way to solve this?

Thanks..
I'm not sure if this would work, but I think you could..
* add a group to your PC that has the same GID as emby (983)
* then add the user you access the files with to the group
* make the files group writable 775/664

or you could just make the files 777

jasn

Dabbler
Thanks Joshua.

I find it strange that I can delete the metadata files that are downloaded by the Emby server, just not the subdirectories it creates. At the initial start it created two subdirectories, one called extrathumbs and one called extrafanart. I think that I was able to turn off creation of the extrathumbs subdirectory by turning off the "Copy extrafanart into extrathumbs" Emby server setting under Metadata - Nfo.

Do you know if there's a way to configure the Emby server so it doesn't create the extrafanart subdirectory?

Jason

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks Joshua.

I find it strange that I can delete the metadata files that are downloaded by the Emby server, just not the subdirectories it creates. At the initial start it created two subdirectories, one called extrathumbs and one called extrafanart. I think that I was able to turn off creation of the extrathumbs subdirectory by turning off the "Copy extrafanart into extrathumbs" Emby server setting under Metadata - Nfo.

Do you know if there's a way to configure the Emby server so it doesn't create the extrafanart subdirectory?

Jason
I'm sure there is, but I don't know how. I'm sure you could get the answer on the Emby forum.

jasn

Dabbler
In case anyone else is looking for the setting to turn the extrafanart subdirectory creation off as well, as Joshua suggested, it's discussed on the Emby forum in this thread.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.