Marvell 8 Port SATA III 6G PCI-e 2.0 x1 Card?

Davvo

MVP
As a policy I don't use aliexpress or other chinese-controlled services as much as I can.
I also believe in getting what I pay for.
I don't own any Apple device.

Besides, I can likely obtain the same products at the same price using eBay.

PyCoder

Dabbler
As a policy I don't use aliexpress or other chinese-controlled services as much as I can.
I also believe in getting what I pay for.
I don't own any Apple device.

Besides, I can likely obtain the same products at the same price using eBay.

90% on ebay, amazon and even newegg are counterfeit anyway. :)

Just watch the Art of Server video and then check the ones on ebay, amazon and newegg :)

There are even "reviews" of x540-t2 nics from newegg with the missing yottamark.

So I rather pay 16$ instead of 400$

Davvo

MVP
90% on ebay, amazon and even newegg are counterfeit anyway. :)
Not really, and I specifically wrote that I can get the same counterfeit ones on eBay.

I perfectly know what the situation is.

As long as the thing works, it's good. Especially since this kind of hardware is getting rarer by day.

Would I suggest buying one while there are still original pieces going by decent prices (40-80 USD)? No.
Would I ever buy from AliExpress? No.
Would I force you to do the same? No.

Please keep us updated on its performance as time passes.

EDIT:
There are even "reviews" of x540-t2 nics from newegg with the missing yottamark.
Newegg is both a bad and dying platform, can't endorse using it.

Last edited:

joeschmuck

Old Man
Looking into possible PCI-e sata expansion cards to passthrough to truenas.
Can I assume you are virtualizing TrueNAS? "passthrough" caught my eye.

Scharbag

Guru
I have a number of 2008 and 2308 chipset LSI SAS cards that I am sitting on - I can give you a good deal. They are flashed to 20.00.07.00 and have the bios removed. These cards work great and were in my system up to a few weeks ago.

Shoot me a PM as II need to get rid of them after transitioning to LSI 3008 based cards. (hope this is allowed - just trying to help the community out)

Cheers,

joeschmuck

Old Man
(hope this is allowed - just trying to help the community out)
Absolutely is allowed, so long as you were not just here to peddle products all the time, which I know you do not do. I think it's great to help the community out. If I had extra stuff laying around that I thought would be of real value to someone, I'd offer it up for a damn good price. Probably a few bucks plus shipping, but that is just me. I would suggest you use something like PayPal to protect both people in the deal, well as protected as it gets.