BUILD Mainboard and RAM upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

sobsawats

Cadet
I am currently running FreeNAS 9.20 on my ASUS P8Z68-V mainboard for a year. The system run smoothly.
Anyway, I have decided to move to Supermicro X9SCM-F mainboard and ECC ram. The stuff is on the way from Amazon.com.

My questions is after replacing mainboard and RAM, do I have to reconfig FreeNAS or just boot the USB stick normally. I have MiniDLNA, Rsync, SMB file sharing running on this FreeNAS. Thank you.

marbus90

Guru
Which CPU do you intent to use with the X9SCM-F?

In theory the difference isn't that big, only the NIC would need reconfiguration. I did far bigger changes without bigger issues.

sobsawats

Cadet
Which CPU do you intent to use with the X9SCM-F?

In theory the difference isn't that big, only the NIC would need reconfiguration. I did far bigger changes without bigger issues.

Thanks marbus90
The CPU is same CPU. It is i3-3220.

D

dlavigne

My questions is after replacing mainboard and RAM, do I have to reconfig FreeNAS or just boot the USB stick normally.

You should be able to boot from the USB stick as usual. Never hurts to make a backup of the config before powering down the system.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It's a good motherboard... The P8Z68-V, I mean. I have the -Pro version (my old WHS 2011 server) and have no complaints. It can make a fine desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.