Mac OSX 10.7 Lion and TimeMachine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Credo

Dabbler
Well, I upgraded my Macs to Lion and now TimeMachine drive is NO LONGER visible from within my time machine settings. Before the upgrade it worked like it was a true time machine.

Anyone else come across this and have a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Mjrpainless

Cadet
There is no fix as of yet that i know of the reason as far as i know this is happening is that lion uses a different version of netatalk. Apparently thier is a probdem accessing info from a snow leopard time macine backup as well.

midas

Cadet
Confirmed on No TimeMachine Devices

I'm running two 10.7 and a 10.6x Mac OS X boxes. None can see my FreeNAS server.

Since this is the only reason I have a FreeNAS installation does history show this might be fixed soon?

Credo

Dabbler

midas

Cadet
Thanks for the links Credo. Unfortuantely it doesn't look good for me. One of my mbp's is still Snow Leopard and it also can't see the freeNAS server/share at all. I'm wondering if Apple updated something for 10.6.x too.

FreeNAS looked very promising. I hate to ask here, but what alternatives are there? :p

S

sfranzis71

Regarding TimeMachine and MacOS X Lion the only alternatives at the moment are:
* Apple Time Capsule
* an USB drive for your mbp

All other (free) alternatives base on the same code (=> netatalk)

Stefan

Cronock

Cadet
Netatalk 2.2 is available now on sourceforge, and that fixes the TimeMachine problems. Just need to wait until it gets incorporated into FreeNAS. Hopefully very very soon, at least in a beta.. I'm dying over here, had to put direct attached drives on all my machines for time machine.

Credo

Dabbler
That's awesome news - let's hope it get's updated soon! :)

seggerman

Dabbler
Solution found, I used the latest night build from Freenas: http://sourceforge.net/projects/freenas/files/FreeNAS-8-nightly/FreeNAS-8r7209-amd64.iso/download
used AFP and made a apple share.
Time Machine Found a disk to use….
I Use OSX Lion on a IMAC

fjkaauw,

haven't had time yet to try the latest build, but just wanted to know if the TM-Volume was advertised automatically, or did you have to mount it first before timemachine could "see" the disk?

Cheers

Alexander

fjkaauw

Cadet
the TM-Volume was advertised automatically
not needed to mount it first...
Mij Back-up is running at the moment :)

Regards, Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.