M-ITX w/ onboard CPU, 6 SATA, and 32GB RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zfrogz

Dabbler
Current Specs:
E35M1-I
16GB RAM
6 x 3TB RAIDZ2
Lian Li PC-Q08

I'm thinking about rebuilding my NAS to improve performance but I want to keep it silent and ultra low power. I've got a 3 year old fanless motherboard with an onboard low power cpu, 16GB ram (only officially supports 8GB but runs fine with 16GB) and 6xSATA ports. This is my perfect board except that it's 3 years old and the CPU is somewhat pathetic.

I'm starting to shop around for a replacement but I'm having trouble finding anything suitable for the motherboard. Is anyone aware of an ITX board available now or in the near future that will have an onboard CPU with passive cooling, support for 32GB of RAM and have 6 onboard SATA3 ports?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

zfrogz

Dabbler
Awesome. I found a similar supermicro board as well. A bit pricy looks like they meet my requirements. Debating on whether I should hold out for something cheaper or just take the plunge... Thanks! :)

zfrogz

Dabbler
Took the plunge. Picking up the Asrock C2550D4I from a fellow board member. The whole ECC thing didn't seem to be a big deal when I put together my first build but makes total sense so I'm not going to risk it with a cheap board. Thanks for the help and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.