LSI SAS 9211-8i HW support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfe

Explorer
Hi.

I'm in need of support

I have a LSI 9211-8i. and i updated my cards firmware and bios so that it can be runned with ZFS.
the firmware version i updated to is P20. but FreeNAS is telling me this

Firmware version 20 does not match driver version 16 for /dev/mps0

Uten_navn.png

what should i do? is there a way to make it go. i know there is a BSD driver for P20 on the LSI site but does anyone know of this problem.?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Your firmware version needs to match the driver version. Since FreeNAS uses the P16 drive you need to be using that firmware also.

I'm amazed at how many people are messing this up. Good thing they added the warning in the GUI. There has been a new thread about it every day.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
For what it's worth, LSI's official stance is that IT mode has not changed since P16, including up to P20 and that the firmware is backward compatible with older drivers.

That said, the results we've seen with mismatched firmware range from annoying but insignificant errors (P17) to some nastier errors (P19) or even catastrophic (P20). Looks like we have a small mystery.

Of course, OP, you can avoid problems by flashing the card to P16 IT firmware. It's the safest option.

Halfe

Explorer
But what about the driver for bSD on their official site. ?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
But what about the driver for bSD on their official site. ?
FreeNAS's driver is at P16 and it's not going to change soon nor can you update it.

Scharbag

Guru
Probably best just to back flash it to V16. That guarantees that it will work as expected with FreeNAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.