LSI SAS 9211-8i flashing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msk

Cadet
Hi there,

I'm lost, I'm trying to flash my LSI SAS 9211-8i from version 17 to 16 for freenas 9.3

I have all the commands needed and files, I just have absolutely no idea how to get the P16 firmware from my windows pc to the Freenas to install.

I have downloaded the LSI preboot usb but that doesn't work and doesn't have the 9211 firmware drivers on it.

Am I missing something simply here?

any help would be great.

Last edited:

jgreco

Resident Grinch
A FreeBSD version of sas2flash is available from FreeNAS. You can use pretty much any method you want to put it over on FreeNAS. The FreeNAS box has an ftp client, a fetch client (web), etc. You can also make use of CIFS, NFS, AFP, etc., to store the files on your FreeNAS from your PC, and then those files are accessible on the FreeNAS box. This is a file storage appliance, after all... make use of it as such.

If that isn't working, you can update the firmware using more traditional techniques: check out the LSI sticky, which will point you at the crossflashing instructions for the M1015. Figure out what toolset will work for the board you have; sometimes the DOS tool works, sometimes the EFI.

You do not want or need to follow the entire process. Just the sas2flash command that updates the firmware.

Msk

Cadet
Thank you, that is what I was missing FTP.

Any idea which folder I need to copy the 2118it.bin file into. I tried \boot\firmware but that didn't work.

Got an "ERROR: Could not open file: 2118it.bin, Syntax Error see Command Usage Below:

-f x: Flash firmware image
x = the firmware file to flash

Status
Not open for further replies.