LSI SAS 9210-8i SAS controller and Supermicro X9SCM-F-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyG

Dabbler
Hello Experts,

I am hoping someone might be able to help me out here.

I have a Supermicro X9SCM-F-O motherboard. which I plan to install FreeNAS on, however I cannot seem to be able to get it to detect my LSI SAS 9210-8i SAS controller card.

I have tried all the PCI Express ports on the motherboard, but nothing see's it.

I know the LSI SAS 9210-8i SAS is good due to plugging it into an ASRock Motherboard the card is detected.

Any thoughts on why the Supermicro X9SCM-F-O motherboard is not detecting it?

kdragon75

Wizard
Define, "cannot seem to be able to get it to detect". You don't see it in dmesg? lspci? You cant see the drives attached? Are you still 11.1U6?

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
My thought is the PCIe slots are dead, have you tried another card that is known working (like maybe a network add-on card) in that X9 board?
Since the card tested good in the other motherboard, you must now assume
the X9 board is the problem. But as @kdragon75 has stated, you might try giving alot more detail before we can be more difinitive.

SunnyG

Dabbler
kdragon75 - Correct in if I run lspci, the card does not get listed, it also does not seem to be seen during boot, i'm not sure if there is a setting in the BIOS I might be missing for it to be detected, PCIe is set to enabled with Gen version set to Auto.

BigDave - I have confirmed that the slots are not dead, my PCIe NIC card is detected when inserted into the same slot.

Try resetting bios to defaults, if changed, some PCIe related settings can make controllers not detected

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
I happen to run this same board, here are my bios settings in regards to PCI.
I'm happy to show you what I can, to help out. Just say the word...
Code:
root@freenas:~ # dmesg|grep mps0
mps0: <Avago Technologies (LSI) SAS2008> port *deleted* irq 19 at device 0.0 on pci2
mps0: Firmware: 20.00.07.00, Driver: 21.02.00.00-fbsd

help1.JPG help2.JPG help3.JPG

SunnyG

Dabbler
Hi,

Thanks everyone for the help. it seems that the RAID card has stopped working completely, I tried installing it on the system where I know it was working but that system also is not detecting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.