LSI HBA questions for Scale

MountainMan

Dabbler
Hello,

I'm putting together a new server for Scale with an LSI 9300-16i and LSI 9200-8e for the spinning disks. I just have a few questions that I haven't found solid answers for with Scale:

LSI 9300-16i
  • What is the recommended firmware version? Most recent forum messages I could find seem to point toward 16.00.12.00 (available in these forums), and sas3flash on Scale seemed to be for 16.x.
  • What boot rom is recommended?
  • The card has a 6 pin aux power port, but LSI docs just say to hook it up "if auxiliary power is required with your system design" -- funny. It's going in a Supermicro X12SPL-LN4F w/ 875W redundant power. I assume that connection is only needed if max slot power is below xx watts? Not sure what to confirm.
LSI 9200-8e
  • - What is the recommended firmware version? The latest I could find at LSI is 20.00.07.00 and sas2flash in Scale does seems to be for 20.x.
  • - What boot rom is recommended?
Thanks for any input!

-James

MountainMan

Dabbler
One bump for any recommendations before I assume the latest is the greatest. :cool: Searching the forums hasn't been overly helpful, as most of the related posts are in reference to FreeNAS / TrueNAS Core (BSD). Any thoughts, even "x.x.x has been working for me in Scale", would be appreciated.

Thanks!

NugentS

MVP
As far as I amn aware. LSI HBA Firmware suggestions are the same Core & Scale

Etorix

Wizard
If the boot disk is not attached to the HBA, the boot ROM is optional.