Lost volume folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

michealfyffe

Cadet
I have been testing Freenas 8.3.1. During this testing phase I had an extended power failure and my two storage machines were shutdown. My problem is that when the Freenas machine was brought back up a drive had failed (I knew it was failing prior to the power failure). The Freenas machine is an 8 drive Riadz2, so I though all was right in the world as I was just going to swap in a new drive. Unfortunately the Volume only has files in the mount point. All directories are gone. zpool status usage indicates that the directory data is still there but I cannot see it.

Anyone with any idea.

This is just a second backup server for the openindiana machine so the data is not a worry at the moment (I would like to have a reliable backup) I'm just concerned about this apparent folder data loss when a single drive fails.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I will say "interesting".

What was the server doing at the time of the failure(if you have any ideas)?

How was the data stored?

Was it from a zfs replication, rsync, etc?

Have you tried a scrub? I'm tempted to think that a scrub wouldn't necessarily help, just wondering. Do you do scrubs regularly? If you do perform scrubs regularly is the missing data data that has been put on the zpool since the last scrub?

Do you use a ZIL?

Have you run a RAM test?

Can you post the output of zpool status?

Sorry, just lots of ideas in my head since this is "interesting". :)

ProtoSD

MVP
My first thought is run a scrub.

zpool status -v is much more interesting ;)

EDIT: Also, what version of ZFS is the pool? (Was it created on 8.3?)

Status
Not open for further replies.