looking to pay for for FreeNAS optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.

berd1921

Dabbler
Hello - I've been running freenas for about 3 months. I've had it running quite well at different times, then I'll change some settings and things will slow down and I can never figure out why. I'm using this for a small business setup, and I'm sick of wasting my time... I'm admitting to myself that this is not an area of expertise and I'm looking for some help.

In terms of hardware I believe I have a good setup, but I don't think I have my tunables or CIFS permission set up correctly. For awhile I was getting average transfer speeds of 70 MB/s ... but now I'm down to 40 MB/s with slow directory browsing. Very frustrating since I thought I had that all solved.

If you're an expert please send me some credentials and we can arrange payment and access to the system.

Thanks,

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Why not post your system specs and see if there's an obvious reason why it's not working right?

berd1921

Dabbler
Well, after even MORE hours of forum reading and messing with settings I have my system happily humming along at a level of performance that I am happy with. I just want to say that Freenas is very easy for a moderately tech savvy person to get running. However, setting up secure ftp access, getting top notch performance and configuring the numerous options for backups etc has a bit of a learning curve. I love the idea of freeware.... but I also occasionally like the idea of tech support. Why not have a handful of super users available for paid hand holding for business users or people who get in over there head. I don't except someone to dig through my setup to check for security issues or tweaking performance for free, but I would certainly pay for it.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Then you should contact TrueNAS.. They build systems to your specifications, with contract and tech support. :P

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Well, after even MORE hours of forum reading and messing with settings I have my system happily humming along at a level of performance that I am happy with. I just want to say that Freenas is very easy for a moderately tech savvy person to get running. However, setting up secure ftp access, getting top notch performance and configuring the numerous options for backups etc has a bit of a learning curve. I love the idea of freeware.... but I also occasionally like the idea of tech support. Why not have a handful of super users available for paid hand holding for business users or people who get in over there head. I don't except someone to dig through my setup to check for security issues or tweaking performance for free, but I would certainly pay for it.
there are many independent IT companies that do exactly this...dont limit yourself to just the FreeNAS forums for support, look at IT contractors and consultants to get what you need. they exist all over the world.

and cyberjock mentions TrueNAS (actually TrueNAS is the product, ixSYSTEMS is the company behind FreeNAS), because FreeNAS actually has a business side too ;)
http://www.ixsystems.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.