Login loop when setting password in couchpotato

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronouthier

Explorer
Ok, soooo. If I don't set any login password for CouchPotato, then everything's hunky-dory. However, if I set a password, and then log-out, I am unable to log back in. I type my User name and Password (correctly), and am immediately brought to the login screen. If I purposefully type the wrong credentials, it tells me I have the wrong credentials. However, If I type the correct info, no such error is thrown, but it still won't let me in? Scratching my bald head on this one. (I did have a full head of hair before this frustration...).

I have removed and reinstalled the CouchPotato plugin 3 times, with the same results.

I often check statuses and add/change stuff remotely, so leaving the password disabled is not a permanent solution.

Help!!

aaronouthier

Explorer
Oooh, forgot. FreeNAS 9.10, with all updates as of this writing.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
have you confirmed this from another fresh browser? how long have you experienced this?

aaronouthier

Explorer
I am new to Couch Potato. Been using it about 3 days only. So, this has been happening for as long as I've been using it...

As for Browsers, I get this behavior with: FireFox on Windows 10, FireFox on Windows 8.1, FireFox on Windows 7, FireFox on Ubuntu Linux 16.04, Chrome on Windows 10, Chrome on Windows 8.1, and Chrome on Windows 7. Although I have AdBlock Plus installed, I have wildcard-disabled it on my subnet, as well as on my domain name.

I other news, I figured out a clue that may help, as well as a work-around, that allows me to login.

When I navigate to the CouchPotato ip address on port 5050, I get redirected to a URL then ends with "?next=%2F". If I change that manually to "?next=/" and press enter, I am greeted with the same Login Screen, but I can successfully login from there, with my credentials.

Since I have a working password authentication, I have turned on port forwarding. Let me know if you need me to PM you the IP/Domain Name for testing.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I would ask on the couchpotato forum or file a bug on the couchpotato github page. sounds like youve isolated the issue, so maybe they would know if this is a bug or something specific with your configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.