Login hanging on pc but not on iphone

BrumbyZ

Dabbler
Since it works on other devices but not on the PC, it points to an issue with the PC itself.
You have installed something on the PC that is interfering with connections.
i actually fresh installed it like 2 weeks ago, i have installed: chrome, discord, firefox, spotify, ccleaner and that's all

neofusion

Contributor
@BrumbyZ

You need to eliminate double NAT

Options are:
1. Replace second router with an Ethernet switch
2. Connect LAN cable from ISP router to LAN port on second router, and connect all other clients to LAN ports, i.e. do not use WAN port on second router.
That looks like a red herring.
While I agree that he should stop double NATing by either putting the ISP modem in bridge mode or swapping the second router for a switch just like you say, I doubt it's the cause of the posted problem.

neofusion

Contributor
i actually fresh installed it like 2 weeks ago, i have installed: chrome, discord, firefox, spotify, ccleaner and that's all
The fact remains, your PC is the outlier, something is breaking websocket connections on it.

neofusion

Contributor
i would like to use option 2, will it automatically pick up internet from the lan port or do i need to go from 2nd router control panel?
If you do that, you're also going to need to disable DHCP on the second router.

BrumbyZ

Dabbler
now i can't even reach the web gui of the second router after trying to put the cable from the isp router in the lan of the second router, it didn't work, set back in the wan and now i can't reach the web gui of the second

BrumbyZ

Dabbler
now i can't even reach the web gui of the second router after trying to put the cable from the isp router in the lan of the second router, it didn't work, set back in the wan and now i can't reach the web gui of the second
i now can

BrumbyZ

Dabbler
update scheme following all recent suggestions, nothing have been fixed but maybe i fixed the double nat (i'm trash at networking pls tell me), tried with another pc connected like the first pc to the same cable and it still have the same problem

1659458022292.png

BrumbyZ

Dabbler
update scheme following all recent suggestions, nothing have been fixed but maybe i fixed the double nat (i'm trash at networking pls tell me), tried with another pc connected like the first pc to the same cable and it still have the same problem

View attachment 57324
@Davvo @neofusion @elvisimprsntr sorry for tagging you guys but it’s the whole day that I’m trying to fix it and definitely you are more helpful than myself

Davvo

MVP
Does the browser tell you any kind of error?
Is the address http or https?
If you look at the task manager, what Is the network activity when you try to load the GUI?
I'm not knowledgable enough to understand what Is going on. I would suggest a fresh install of TrueNas, but wait until someone more experienced posts. They might want some logs, or even better might just give you a solution.

Last edited:

Davvo

MVP
Is your NAS' NIC a realtek one? They are known to create issues... Although not of this kind I believe.
Can't help much, Sorry.

BrumbyZ

Dabbler
Is your NAS' NIC a realtek one? They are known to create issues... Although not of this kind I believe.
Can't help much, Sorry.
If u mean pc pc and not the laptop I am using as server, yes it’s a realtek

BrumbyZ

Dabbler
fixed, 13 was the issue, 12 fixed it, mods pls mark tread as fixed as i don't know how to do it

Davvo

MVP
fixed, 13 was the issue, 12 fixed it, mods pls mark tread as fixed as i don't know how to do it
You can edit the thread in the first page.
I would suggest you to open a bug report if you can reproduce the issue (install 13 again and see if It happens again. Could simply be bad install).