Linux Mint 16 - Cinnamon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent

Dabbler
So I am running Linux Mint 16 - Cinnamon, and I need to run BSD. When given the Type "BSD", the version only comes up "FreeBSD". On Edubuntu, I get options like, "FreeBSD x32" or "FreeBSD x64". I can run FreeNAS on Edubuntu, but I primarily use Mint. I just can't figure out why it is not working on Mint. Any ideas?

D

dlavigne

It may be the version that ships with Mint. I wouldn't worry about it and would go with the choice of FreeBSD.

Trent

Dabbler
But when I run it in Mint, it panics and won't install FreeNAS on my VM.

D

dlavigne

Check that your APIC setting is checked in System. Also, depending upon your CPU, you may have to run the 32-bit version.

Yatti420

Wizard
Do yourself a favour and unless strictly testing FreeNAS don't virtualize it..

Knowltey

Patron
It's probably for a class assignment.

And if that is the case it's more likely than not written fro the "FreeNAS" that is now actually known as "NAS4Free"

Yatti420

Wizard
I thought you were joking at first... That's just sad if so..

david kennedy

Explorer
I run Linux (Mint 16 - Cinnamon) and have FreeNas running under virtualbox without issue.

I didn't have to do anything special. Under virtualbox just chose "freebsd" and "freebsd 64".

--
For the diehards out there, NO I do not run freenas in the vm for any purpose other then to test.
Mostly it was to do the setup and get some experience on it before i attempt to convert my solaris box to freenas.
I needed to make sure I could get everything else I needed as well (mysql, php, etc). Sometimes its just easier to build/destroy a vm.

Status
Not open for further replies.