SOLVED link aggregation woes

silentbirdie

Dabbler
I'm trying to aggregate the 2 ports of my intel nic with thee settings and whenever i test the settings i lose connection and can't connect back to the server until the settings reset themselves. Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong? my router in a tp link archer ax11000 it does support lacp port aggregation which i have set up on the router and the nic is an intel x540-t2.

Attachments

• ports.png
    ports.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 256
  • settings.png
    settings.png
    188.1 KB · Views: 249
  • Screenshot 2022-08-31 183459.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-31 183459.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
What IP address are you getting from DHCP when the LAGG kicks in? (and are you updating your browser UI to that IP?) It may be much better to assign an IP manually instead. Also, what subnet is eno1 on? (should not be on the same subnet as the LAGG.

Generally the right way is to assign a bridge first and then assign the IP to the bridge rather than the LAGG interface... you may face other issues later with broadcast if you don't do that.

silentbirdie

Dabbler
What IP address are you getting from DHCP when the LAGG kicks in? (and are you updating your browser UI to that IP?) It may be much better to assign an IP manually instead. Also, what subnet is eno1 on? (should not be on the same subnet as the LAGG.

Generally the right way is to assign a bridge first and then assign the IP to the bridge rather than the LAGG interface... you may face other issues later with broadcast if you don't do that.
So i should remove the 2 interfaces from the set-up and assign an ip to the bridge instead? They are all on the same subnet. Sorry for the late reply my internet hasn't been working much yesterday and today as well. I also don't inted to keep eno1 connected once the port aggregation is done

Last edited:

silentbirdie

Dabbler
I managed to get it to work using DHCP and reserved the ip for it but now i can't connect using the .local url anymore why would this be?

silentbirdie

Dabbler
I got it working with my method above. i set a static ip to connect to the aggregated port and then switched to dhcp and made the reservation in dhcp

sretalla