libarchive.so.5 missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

404wanderer

Cadet
Hello all,
Freenas-8.3.0-RELEASE-p1-x64 (r12825)

I'm getting the following message emailed to me -

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libarchive.so.5" not found, required by "tar"

I'm trying to install the plugins jail which is failing and I think it may be related to the above.

Can anybody assist?

Thanks

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Looks like your USB flash drive got corrupted. I suggest you trying to reinstall FreeNAS in a fresh one.

404wanderer

Cadet
I'll give that a shot. If I upgrade in place with an identical version will I retain all my config?

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi 404wanderer,

If you can, get into the GUI and save your config. If you have a copy of it odds are things will go smoothly and re-installing will go fine.

If you boot the install CD (and the USB key isn't too messed up) it should detect that there's an existing install already and save a copy of your config, rewrite the FreeNAS install out and pop the config back into it's proper place. Once you reboot things should be fine & if not you just have to upload your freshly saved config to get rolling along again.

-Will

404wanderer

Cadet
Thanks all.

I rebooted from CD, selected upgrade and let it do an upgrade to the same version. All seems to be good now and it retained my config.

Thanks all for the assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.