LDAP security certificate upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oko

Contributor
I am trying to get FreeNAS 9.2.1 to connect to my LDAP server running on OpenBSD machine. I am using a built in OpenBSD version of LDAP rather than OpenLDAP. RedHat clients work like a charm with OpenBSD built in LDAP. FreeNAS not yet :( FreeNAS see the LDAP server but TLS handshake fails.

I have two questions. Obviously I enabled TLS and I need to move my certificate file ca.crt to FreeNAS. Cutting and pasting into that web based dialog box seems really lousy way to do that. Is there a way to upload that file to FreeNAS box?

Second question is reqarding password options. I am using SSHA hash to store the password. Which option should I select from the menue?

Oko

Contributor
Thanks Dru for the quick hands up! It is very unfortunate but at least it is comforting to know that developers are working on it. Do you know if they will have a mechanism to upload security certificates? That web interface (as much as I like Django) feels very flaky.

D

dlavigne

That sounds like a good feature request. Please create one at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here. It wouldn't hurt to link to the existing bug in the request.

Oko

Contributor
That sounds like a good feature request. Please create one at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here. It wouldn't hurt to link to the existing bug in the request.
Created! Issue 4701.

Oko

Contributor
Is this again broken in 9.3 release? I don't see how I can upload ca.crt file? Actually LDAP wizard allows to select only existing certificate. Certificate has to be created first using System tab. However upload button is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.