Latest 9.10 updates sends FreeNAS into loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

avalon60

Guru
I have just install3ed the latest FreeNAS 9.10 update and on reboot it gets to a point where it won't get past a few lines of text then this:
freenas init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/ttyv0, sleeping 30 secs
and goes into a loop, so no gui, and no server.
It's a good job I kept my USB drives in the box so I can just change to boot device now

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
If you updated, then at boot, you can choose to boot from the previous version.
Sorry, I don't know the cause or fix to the error though.

avalon60

Guru
Yes, I realised that after shutting down my NAS box, and it's back up now.

D

dlavigne

Someone else mentioned this last night on IRC but I don't see a bug report for it. Please create one at bugs.freenas.org that includes your hardware and post the issue number here.

avalon60

Guru
Yes I will do.

Created Bug Report:
Issue #16150 created.

Last edited:

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Did you by any chance connect a keyboard after the system had booted? I ask because I noticed odd behavior on mine last time I did this, i.e. accidentally booted without keyboard, then plugged keyboard in later. It was showing about 20% CPU usage for interrupts, and I had to shut down and restart with keyboard plugged in to fix it. @dlavigne, I seem to remember a getty issue has been traced to USB keyboards in the past.

avalon60

Guru
No I didn't have a keyboard connected whilst the system was installing the update and then rebooting. I only connect a keyboard when I want to change the boot order or change the boot environment. Any other time, it's not connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.