Language coding issue with NFS mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincèn

Patron
Hi

I'm currently preparing a migration from my existing Synology NAS to FreeNAS. I have a bunch of media files on Syno with accents and exotic accents.
On my own PC (running Ubuntu) I have mounted through NFS shares of my Syno and files display correctly with accents (none option at NFS mount on my linux PC and if I do a mount on my PC here is how mounted share appear:

192.168.1.40:/volume1/Media on /home/vincen/Media type nfs (rw,soft,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,vers=4,addr=192.168.1.40,clientaddr=192.168.1.108)

If I try to mount these same shares from my FreeNAS all exotic characters are replaced by ???? I checked my friend Google for help as it looks it's an encoding issue but all options I found to pass at mount program are not accepted by FreeNAS :( Any ideas ?

Thanks

Vincèn

Vincèn

Patron
I tried the locale thing without much success, so I gave up and used FTP which works perfectly fine ;) I'll check again once finished my migration to FreeNAS, as I'll need then to be able to access shares of my FreeNAS from my Ubuntu computers ;)

FreeNAS 9.3 by the way, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.