Just say Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

saikee

Explorer
Thanks FreeNAS for the brilliant work.

Just built two servers, one for testing and another as the main server, so that I could watch movies/photos/videos with any device in the house.

Managed to get friends in Australia, Norway and Canada to share the contents of my servers using Plex plugin, currently using mainly PC and mobile phones.

Definitely a very nice, stable and easy system to work with. Still a lot to learn but unbelievable easy to set up.

Thanks a lot to the documentations, especially the new red hot User Guide just came out Jan 2017.

saikee

Explorer
I have installed the stable v9.10 but thinking of upgrading it to the latest 10 beta2.

Any feed back on the latest version?

The documentation suggest during installation the new version can pick up the existing installation so it is just changing from one USB flash to another USB flash in my simple logic. I use a 65GB usb flash as the booting device for the 3x8TB mirror pool.

m0nkey_

MVP
FN10 is not ready for production use. If you're more concerned about data integrity, then you want to roll with 9.10. However, should you wish to contribute to it's development and report bugs, etc. then go for it. But beware a bug may cause you to lose all your data, so make sure you make and verify regular backups.

saikee

Explorer
m0nkey,

Thanks for advice. I was attracted to the V10 GUI which seems to offer more information on how the system running.

Status
Not open for further replies.