Jira Migration - 7/1/2022

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
TrueNAS Users,

A quick heads up that this Friday 07/01/2022, iX IT staff will be performing a migration from our current on-prem Jira instance to our new Jira Cloud instance. Our existing Jira instance will be marked "Read-Only" at this point, while the open ticket data is migrated over. We expect this new instance to be much better performing especially for users outside of the North America region.

We apologize in advance for any disruption during this migration and will update back when the migration is complete.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
@Kris Moore, will existing accounts be migrated over, or will we need to recreate our logins?

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Any accounts that had activity will migrate over. I.E. if you opened a ticket, made comments, that kind of thing. Accounts which had zero activity will be pruned.

Jira migration is complete
Going to file a new feature request:

Retro iXsystems Jira mode

Emulates the slow loading times of the Jira we used to know. Useful for those who appreciate nostalgia.

It can be toggled on or off in the user's settings.

Please everyone, vote for this ticket!

dak180

Patron
Jira migration is complete:
If you previously had an account that did not have email for a user name how can you link that to your atlassian account?

Wow, this is so much better! Thank you,

teosoft

Cadet
@Kris Moore I completely lost access to Jira. I'm receiving emails that try to follow up on the issues I created, but I can't login, and replying to these emails do not reach the recipient.
Is there anything that can be done? It looks like my account has not been migrated.
Thank you!

teosoft

Cadet

awasb

Patron
Some problems over here as well. My formerly "active" account is unusable now, since logging in without e-mail is now rendered impossible.

treboR2Robert

Dabbler
If you previously had an account that did not have email for a user name how can you link that to your atlassian account?

I would also like to know this please, my login i have saved is just user and pass, I don't know if i had an email address registered or not.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
This isn't Kris's job to fix these logins... we'll have to work out a better process.
In an emergency, you can create a new account.

Arwen

MVP
@morganL - It might be time for a Jira support forum. Jira announcements of course would be under Announcements too, but perhaps cross posted to an Announcement's sub-forum for Jira.

awasb

Patron
This isn't Kris's job to fix these logins... we'll have to work out a better process.
In an emergency, you can create a new account.
It may be his job. It may be not. As long as _volunteers_ have no _easy_ way of generating trouble tickets, the quality of TrueNAS's code will suffer. Where would one put the message with no access to Jira, that even though "accounts have been migrated" access is still denied? I don't want to be rude, but who wants what from whom? I could switch my instances running TrueNAS any day. I did not (for now), because I love FreeBSD. (More than Solaris{h].)

wsoteros

o7
Administrator
iXsystems
Hey Folks!

If you are having issues accessing Jira after the migration please send me a message directly. I will work with our internal teams to get these fixed for you guys.

Please format the message accordingly:

Email Associated with Atlassian Jira account:

Username:

Brief description of your issue:

AbsolutIggy

Dabbler
Maybe I'm being retarded, but I can't find the bug tracker anymore.. all links I find and follow lead to the same place, which is a dead-end to me..

This includes the link above, and the one in the navigation of the forum. They all lead to this page:

Which gives me three options:
- Event planning
- Private file attachments
- Security disclosure

Where are the bug reports? Where can I file a bug report?

AbsolutIggy

Dabbler
Ah - the mistake is logging in.

If I'm not logged in, that link leads to a list of issues.

After logging in, it redirects to another page, from which it's impossible to reach the bug list..

AbsolutIggy

Dabbler