Jailed OpenVPN refuses to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

unca_NAS

Explorer
Ive been running a multi-plugin jail incl OpenVPN client for couple of years now. Last night the OVpn suddenly refu ses to start.

Code:
 TUN/TAP device /dev/tun0 opened
do_ifconfig, tt->ipv6=0, tt->did_ifconfig_ipv6 setup=0
/sbin/ifconfig tun0 10.4.25.253 10.4.0.1 mtu 1500 netmask 255.255.0.0 up
freebsd ifconfig failed: external program exited with erro status: 1
Exiting due to fatal error

The bolded row seems wrong. I think that earlier the ip were like "10.4.0.*" instead of "10.4.25*"

I did rollback snapshots that I had, no success. Created a fresh pluginjail, installed plugins + openvpn, configured openvpn and /etc/rc.conf. Started openvpn > same error. Created another jail, 10.3 standard, configured oVpn with fresh config file. Still same error.

This makes to suggest that either the whole jail-system is corrupted or Im in need of doing complete fresh install of the OS.

Is there somathing I could try prior to blow everything to kingdom come and starting from the scratch.

OS is FreeNAS-9.10.1 (d989edd). Been attempting to update this to U4, but so far the update via GUI have been unsuccessful. Jail templates are as follows:

Last edited:

unca_NAS

Explorer
Solved with completely destroying all jails, jail datasets+templates, OS version update and building a new jail from scrathes.

Status
Not open for further replies.