Jail packages not updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

torein

Cadet
Hello,

I've run into some problems while trying to resolve some Plex plugin stutter issues.

From what I gathered it's better to stay away from the plugin altogether so I went the route of removing the plugin and starting a new jail from a custom template using http://download.freenas.org/jails/10/x64/freenas-pluginjail-10.3-RELEASE.tgz

The jail starts up fine but while trying to do pkg update && pkg upgrade -y I ran into some problems. First it was saying that the databases need to be rebuilt. I checked under /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos and was able to update it from listing as a 32-bit to a 64-bit architecture. Still no luck updating the packages.

I then came across someone talking about removing the repos to rebuild it by running
Code:
rm /var/db/pkg/repo-*
This has removed the error message but it just hangs there saying it's updating before kicking me back out of the jail.

I was a bit distracting while doing this and am concerned that I may have run the remove command outside of the jail. I don't think freenas has packages allowed through ssh by default. Would running this command in the freenas shell break anything though?

I still haven't been able to get the jails to update packages but that's an issue for another time.

Status
Not open for further replies.