Jail has no NIC after recent update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispin

Explorer
thanks. That sorted the jail thing out. However, I am still not able to get an IP address.

The DHCP checkbox will not let me select it.
upload_2016-8-24_15-45-13.png

Looking at the source code for the checkbox it thinks it is already checked. There is obviously some JS call unchecking it.

Code:
<input name="jail_ipv4_dhcp" type="checkbox" checked="checked"  role="checkbox" aria-checked="false" class="dijitReset dijitCheckBoxInput" data-dojo-attach-point="focusNode" data-dojo-attach-event="ondijitclick:_onClick" value="on" tabindex="0" id="id_jail_ipv4_dhcp"style="-webkit-user-select: none;">

Still, the newly created jail does not have any interfaces assigned to it. Surely this is a clue? Why would creating a jail not get given an interface?

Crispin

Explorer
OK, convinced there is something really wrong with the current version.

I detached the volumes, downloaded the newest iso and started again. Same thing. My jails don't get assigned an interface.

This is a brand new install.
Everything working OK with the nas, network is fine. Just that jails don't get assigned an interface.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Wow, all that for a bad turnout, sorry that didn't fix it. Did you submit a bug report already? Make sure you point to this thread.

Crispin

Explorer
yup, not having a great time with it :(

Bug report is there, includes link back to this thread.
https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/16944
It's still sitting as unscreened though :(

The jail and template thing was a red herring. How easy it is to see that after the fact :)

I put a different NIC in, broadcom, and that still has the same issues - jails don't get an interface assigned to them. Both on old install and new, fresh install. I cannot see this as being a hardware issue on my side or a local installation issue.

What happens if you create a jail? Does it get created with an interface?

joeschmuck

Old Man
It's assigned to Josh so he will get to it. You can expect him to ask you for some data.

Crispin

Explorer
Cool. Will wait for his call.

Still not working ATM but ok if I remove the DHCP from config and manually assign IPs.

Thanks for your help.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Yes, I'd assign the manual IPs.

Crispin

Explorer
Seems the challenges with 9.10.1-U1 have pushed this back some more.
  • Target version changed from 9.10.1-U2 to 9.10.1-U3

Thanks for the effort though folks. Appreciate it :)

Crispin

Explorer
Well, the bug got closed with no-fix. Everything is changing in the future apparently.

I'll be honest - it's a bit surprising. U1 update was a disaster, a newly-introduced bug (this one) was closed with no-fix. What gives?

When is the future?

Going to mark this closed for now, we are working on a new jail implementation for $FUTURE.

Status
Not open for further replies.