Jail creation setup question 8.3.2 ALPHA-r13004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmax

Explorer
When creating a new jail within the Jail tab, what are the options for status and type?
My attempts have been unsuccessful.
I figure for status probably something like start or stop and type I don't' have a clue. Thanks for any help.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
So.. why are you using an Alpha software and then surprised when theres a bug? Why not use the RELEASE version that is stable and less buggy?

The only real place for bugs during alphas and betas is via ticket submission.

madmax

Explorer
So.. why are you using an Alpha software and then surprised when theres a bug? Why not use the RELEASE version that is stable and less buggy?

The only real place for bugs during alphas and betas is via ticket submission.

Thanks for replying. I think theirs a misunderstanding on what I'm asking abut. The alpha version has a new GUI option for multiple Jails while I believe the latest release version doesn't have this, I could be wrong. I haven't found any new documentation on it and tried goggling and looking at FreeBSD doc for any clues on those parameters I was asking for. I'm not necessarily reporting a bug just asking on how to

Also using 8.3.2 b/c of the cryptography support as well.

ben

FreeNAS GUI Developer
@madmax 8.3.1 has the encryption but not the probably-still-highly-subject-to-change multi-jail support. The online documentation targets the most proximate BETA/RC branch, not the ALPHA branch, so there will not be docs forthcoming until 8.3.2-BETA1 which is likely months away.

madmax

Explorer
@madmax 8.3.1 has the encryption but not the probably-still-highly-subject-to-change multi-jail support. The online documentation targets the most proximate BETA/RC branch, not the ALPHA branch, so there will not be docs forthcoming until 8.3.2-BETA1 which is likely months away.

I figure it couldn't hurt posting a question on the setup since it is available at the moment understandable that its in alpha version.

I like the idea of multiple Jails and being able to use the GUI to set that up, I hope you guys incorporate it. I was hoping that someone could help me out when you click on adding a new jail, you get dialog box with parameters so I'm hoping that someone fill me in on what you put for that type and status. I tried a couple of times and I got a trace route screen, I figure that there are static variables that have to be known in order for it work. Thanks.

meida

Cadet
... I was hoping that someone could help me out when you click on adding a new jail, you get dialog box with parameters so I'm hoping that someone fill me in on what you put for that type and status. ...

Same problem here, I'm going back to a bit older version :).

Status
Not open for further replies.