Jail Creation Failed After Fresh Install Of 11.3

NAS777

Dabbler
Hello,

I am trying to install plex on a fresh 11.3 install. I have spent way to much time on this so I am reaching out to you guys that are smarter then I.

I am following this guide (except with static ip) -> https://support.plex.tv/articles/installing-plex-media-server-on-freenas/

Click on Plugins
Click on Plex
Enter Plex-jail for the jail name
uncheck dhcp
select the interface
set the ip address
set mask and hit save and it gives me this error

Install
Error: plex-jail had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: Stopped plex-jail due to VNET failure Partial plugin destroyed

Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

msbxa

Contributor
Hello,

I am trying to install plex on a fresh 11.3 install. I have spent way to much time on this so I am reaching out to you guys that are smarter then I.

I am following this guide (except with static IP) -> https://support.plex.tv/articles/installing-plex-media-server-on-freenas/

Click on Plugins
Click on Plex
Enter Plex-jail for the jail name
uncheck dhcp
select the interface
set the IP address
set mask and hit save and it gives me this error

Install
Error: plex-jail had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: Stopped plex-jail due to VNET failure Partial plugin destroyed

Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

Can you install Plex with DHCP checked, then later you can change it as you like.

Have you tried the advanced configuration when deploying the plugin? there are more options on the network side.

I'm not sure if you only have one network interface or more, but you may need to define the bridges to the physical NIC, etc.

NAS777

Dabbler
Can you install Plex with DHCP checked, then later you can change it as you like.

I was afraid somone was going to suggest this and had been avoiding it. I will config a router to take a static ip and then have a dhcp listener on the nat side for freenas. This is alot of work for something so silly.

Have you tried the advanced configuration when deploying the plugin? there are more options on the network side.

I'm not sure if you only have one network interface or more, but you may need to define the bridges to the physical NIC, etc.

Yes I have. It seems to be full of bugs

Thanks for the replies

NAS777

Dabbler
So I was able to create it via DHCP and then go back and edit it with a static IP but it will not access the internet.

from the jail
I can ping the gateway
I cannot ping the internet (google)

I noticed in the config that epair0b has 2 ip addresses does anyone know where the config file is so i can remove this 0.0.0.0 address. Looking at the plex logs it appears that it is trying to access 0.0.0.0. In FreeBSD these would be stored in /etc/rc.conf but this is not the case (maybe because of the jail / vnat)

Code:
epair0b: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
        options=8<VLAN_MTU>
        ether 0c:c4:7a:1f:ae:87
        hwaddr 01:00:00:00:06:0b
        inet 172.16.0.20 netmask 0xffff0000 broadcast 172.16.255.255
        inet 0.0.0.0 netmask 0xff000000 broadcast 255.255.255.255
        nd6 options=1<PERFORMNUD>
        media: Ethernet 10Gbase-T (10Gbase-T <full-duplex>)
        groups: epair

stuible

Cadet
I recently upgraded to freenas 11.3 from 11.2 and I can also not install plugins. I receive the exact same error as OP when I try and set up a fixed IP adress as one would do from the first screen. I also finally got it to work by creating using DHCP and modifying after as described above. This seems to be a bug with 11.3 ?