ixSystems Mini-XL+ - Mirroring Boot Drive

SoonerLater

Explorer
Does the Mini-XL+ have two M.2 slots?

It ships with one NVME boot drive (WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD WDS250G2B0C - Solid state drive - 250 GB - internal - M.2 2280) installed. If there's an empty M.2 slot I'd like to install a second M.2 and set it up as mirror of the original boot drive. My hope being that if the original fails, I can still boot from the second. I would buy the exact same model as the original.

I've scoured the documentation, and the forums, but can't find the answer. Yes, I could just open the case and look, but I'd rather not do that if the answer is readily available here.

wdp

Explorer
If the internet ever wants to know the answer, it's no. There is only 1 M.2 slot. If you want to duel boot you would need to utilize 2 of the SATA 2.5" bays and use the M2 for something else.

sretalla