I've Updated to 9.1.0 now I have 17 diskspaces in reporting - only 1 has data

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethereal

Guru
hello there - some of these diskspaces are tests i was doing many months ago and i thought i had removed them - in 8.3 i only had 1.

why do i have 17? how do i delete the ones i don't want?

thank you

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You need to explain a lot more about what you mean with diskspaces.. there is no technical term 'diskspaces'

ethereal

Guru
Diskspace - 1.jpg
Diskspace - 2.jpg
Diskspace - 3.jpg
thanks for replying - i've been using freenas for about 18 months i think - originally i had two volumes (VolumeZ1 and VolumeZ2) when i got new drives about 6 months back i tried a few different combinations of raid to see if i could speed things up (i can't remember all the volume names - i thought i'd properly deleted them but they are being reported in the reporting tab - volume3tb, three1tb, mirror3tb, stripe, mirror, raid10) - my current volume is FreeNAS_Z2 which in 8.3.1 was the only thing volume displayed in the reporting tab - now in 9.1.0 there are old volumes i used to use (2), test volumes i deleted (6 or 7 ?), volumes on my flash drive (etc, mnt, var, data, root and dev) and a couple of others i haven't a clue about.

i hope my screen shots will help - there are so many volumes i had to take 6

Attachments

• Diskspace - 5.jpg
    Diskspace - 5.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 274
  • Diskspace - 6.jpg
    Diskspace - 6.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 261
  • Diskspace - 7.jpg
    Diskspace - 7.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 289

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Ah.. that is bizarre. I have no idea why its doing that. Maybe someone else does....

I never log in to look at those, so I could have them like you do and I wouldn't know(I don't.. I just checked).

Whattteva

Wizard
Mine does that, too. In fact, I have probably 20 of those things.
I think it's been doing that for as long as I remember, even in 8.3.
I could be wrong though. I just mostly ignore it cause it doesn't really affect any normal operation as far as I can tell.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I have a few extra in my page. I had deleted all datasets on a volume last week, and reset the entire vdev from scratch, yet I have a couple of the datasets showing up in my system reporting. Just not all of them

Whattteva

Wizard
Oh my, guess what?! After I upgraded to 9.1.1 last night. The graphs mostly appear to be correct except for 2 of them.

Here's a funny potential bug I found though.
capacity.PNG

As you can see, the highlighted one is the ONLY one that's a different size from the rest.
Ironically enough, that number is probably the most correct one and all the 5.4's are wrong.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I have 4 x 3TB drives in RAIDZ1. So it should give me around 9 TB minus swap, etc... so 7.7 sounds about right. Yet, it only appears on one data set and it's not even the top data set... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.