Issue installing Plex; Message: pkg.FreeBSD.org could not be reached via DNS

I am trying to install Plex but I am getting an error:
Error: PlexMediaJail had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg.FreeBSD.org could not be reached via DNS, check PlexMediaJail's network configuration Partial plugin destroyed

Here are my config files and logs:

Clearing the .plugins folder then refreshing index worked for me.

rm -rf /mnt/<INSERT Jail pool name>/iocage/.plugins

Then click Refresh Index here.

1650933331228.png

corporal

Cadet
h all, as for me, i got the solution
the only dns in my network was adguardhome installed in jail on truenas
i created new dns server on my wi-fi router and it worked
it seems that it somehow cannot reach neighbour jail
better have hardware heh

IOSonic

Explorer
Sorry to necro post, but it seems several have had problems with this issue without resolution. I resolved mine by pure accident.

My setup:
  • 1 x four port NIC in a lagg
    • Various bridges with VLAN tags that are child interfaces of this lagg interface. I do this so that I can attach different jails to different networks, which allows easier control of that traffic upstream (e.g., sending one network through a VPN, applying QoS to another, etc).
  • I also have two other NICs responsible solely for handling iSCSI traffic. These NICs have IPs, but no gateways.

I don't know why, but configuring "vnet_default_interface" as auto and IPv4 interface as "blank" allowed my jail installation to complete without this error. You can see my settings here.
Image 011.png

And then I configured the other network properties per usual.

Image 012.png

I haven't done a root cause analysis, but I hope this helps someone. I haven't touched this appliance in about 9-12 months, good to be back.