iSCSI targets on TrueNAS Core with ZFS native encryption

VulcanRidr

Explorer
I have a small fleet of TrueNAS boxes, and I am running into an issue with one particular detail. I have several boxes "belonging" to one user, who is using them for iSCSI targets for Commvault, because we have not found a way to do sparse data files on smb in TrueNAS, which is a requirement for him. So I am providing him a number of iSCSI targets.

The boxes he is migrating from are using GELI encryption, while the new boxes he is migrating to are using OpenZFS native encryption. With GELI, when you unlocked the pool, it would automatically restart multuple services (NFS, SMB, jails, iSCSI, etc). However, ZFS native does not seem to do this. Each time I reboot the NAS (patches, mainly), I have to go in and manually restart iSCSI in the Services menu. He can see his targets, but not attach them.

Should I be filing a bug report or feature request? Has anyone else seen this behavior?

thanks,
--vr

Davvo

MVP
I don't actually have an answer to your question, but you could try setting a Post Init Script/command.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Tasks > Init/Shutdown Scripts

The script goes anywhere in your storage pool - I have a dedicated "scripts" dataset on each NAS.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-12-21 um 15.14.14.png