iSCSI target with multiple initiator names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordeldor

Cadet
I have a XenServer pool I am testing with FreeNas 8.0 and iSCSI. When the initiator name field is set to ALL everything works, but when I want to set this up to be restrictive I can only get things to fly with one XenServer.

The problem seems to be with the comma seperated value for iqn name. If I add a single iqn each server can connect just fine. But when I add the two iqns with a comma between them (no space as per the documentation) neither host can connect. Is the documentation wrong, Is this a bug I should report, or am I missing something painfully obvious?

iscsi-target.jpg

vandi

Cadet
Yes, this is a bug. I believe there was a patch submitted a day or so ago.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Bug

If I add a single iqn each server can connect just fine. But when I add the two iqns with a comma between them (no space as per the documentation) neither host can connect. Is the documentation wrong, Is this a bug I should report, or am I missing something painfully obvious?

Hah, yes, I wrestled with that for a few hours too (as part of more general wrestling with getting iSCSI up and running on some hosts that were previously local disk and NFS, had to add networking, configure switches, vlans, etc., had lots of little problems). I believe my conclusion was that istgt.conf was not getting set up correctly. Fortunately I was coming from an early FreeNAS 8 BETA and I was still vaguely familiar with having to bang that all out manually. I could not come up with a GUI-based way to get it to make the right config file.

FreeNAS is effing AWESOME so far, but with that having been said, it's also clearly only about 90% there. There seem to be a slew of little issues. I'm mostly scared of the big unlabeled gotchas ... I believe I was reading, for example, that the current system had no good way to cope with replacing drives especially if the ordering might change. point-zero releases are only for the brave. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.