iscsi maximum connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4rv1n

Explorer
I've installed Freenas 9.3 as update from 9.2 .
In 9.2 I use iscsi with mpio client, so more than one connection, and I can set the maximum number of connection in iscsi settings.
With 9.3 I don't see option to set maximum number of connection so I can't use mpio because client say me maximum connection allowed is one. I've tried to uncheck and re-check the show advanced box.

Attached is the iscsi target global configuration page and ther'is no advanced settings.

Someone know how to solve this problem?
Thank's to all.

Attachments

• iscsi_target_global.JPG
    iscsi_target_global.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 464
Last edited:

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If I remember correctly the maximum connections setting doesn't exist in the same fashion as i does on the old iSCSI. One of the two situations is going on (I forget which)

1. With the old istgt if you set too many connections it would hurt performance. The new has no performance penalty, so the number is set absurdly high so that nobody will hit that limit.
2. The new iSCSI has no limitation for connections whatsoever, so there is no setting for it of any kind.

Are you *sure* you are/were using MPIO properly? That error can occur if you thought you were using MPIO but actually don't have the network infrastructure to support it.

m4rv1n

Explorer
The hardware is the same, I did upgrade from last 9.2 to 9.3.
The connection is direct from client to server, one subnet for network card, the portal have three address that is compliance with subnet of the network card.
When the system was 9.2 it work fine and work over 4 network card, balance the load and maximize throughput as a 4Gb card (sure with offload and performance losses).
When I connect now, the connection free counter from client say me I have only one connection allowed, so same configuration on the server have this limit, the client is the same of the test with 9.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.