iSCSI extent not deleting

FozzyBear

Cadet
Recently deployed FreeNAS-11.2-U2.1 onto a small low power lab box, created a single extent for my VM storage then created a second extent to test something. No longer need that second extent and when attempting to delete, it is not being removed. The associated target was removed first but when attempting to remove the Extent, there is no error or prompted message. I've had this sit for some time, in the event the deletion is taking longer than expected but no go. The extent is still available after several hours of taking the delete action.

I am continuing to research to find the issue but any assistance would be appreciated. Also worth noting, this is my first FreeNAS deployment. Previously I used Nexenta

AsRock E3C236D2I
Xeon E3-1235L v5
16GB ECC
2x Intel S3700 800GB (mirrored)

freenas_extents.gif

FozzyBear

Cadet
@dlavigne When will the next update be released?
I haven't seen a CLI command to manually remove it or completely over looked it. Can that be provided if this next update is too far out?

What this ever fixed? We are seeing the same behavior in 11.3 Release and no longer have the legacy interface as an option.

MikeyG

Patron
I just encountered this in 11.3-U1. Not seeing anything related to it in the U2 list. Did anyone ever submit a ticket for it?

Disco83

Cadet
Hi, I created an account to reply as I came across this problem myself. I am running what I believe to be the 11.3 release - no visible Ux.

I saw many mention the use of the old UI for 11.2.x (which no longer exists in 11.3.x). However, I simply deleted the associated zvol which in turn removed the extent. Just thought I would post in case it helps anybody.