Is there any way, how to get an at-sign into usernames?

jakpetricek

Cadet
Hello community,

I am trying to make my first server with TrueNAS, and I really like how intuitive it is. But now i came across a problem: I have my users in LDAP, where their usernames are their emails, so they contains at-sign, dots, etc. but TrueNAS says that username can't contain these symbols and they could be long max. 16 characters.

The thing is, that I need my colleagues to be able to apply the same username they have in LDAP (and other systems) if they will login to the server (so they will not need to remember another credentials). Could you think of any possibility, how to do this? For example some mapping etc.

Thank you in advance for any advice and I apologize for my English

Have a nice day, dear community!

freeNAS_username.PNG

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hello community,

I am trying to make my first server with TrueNAS, and I really like how intuitive it is. But now i came across a problem: I have my users in LDAP, where their usernames are their emails, so they contains at-sign, dots, etc. but TrueNAS says that username can't contain these symbols and they could be long max. 16 characters.

The thing is, that I need my colleagues to be able to apply the same username they have in LDAP (and other systems) if they will login to the server (so they will not need to remember another credentials). Could you think of any possibility, how to do this? For example some mapping etc.

Thank you in advance for any advice and I apologize for my English

Have a nice day, dear community!

View attachment 44176
TrueNAS can bind to your LDAP server, and depending on configuration of the LDAP server (and particular services in use on TrueNAS) the accounts may be used on the truenas server, but more context is required.