Is there any guides or info on how to set up a multi node system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
btw: Any links to some relatively cheap (second hands?) 3U 16 bay systems? :D
Search for "Tegile J2100" on your favorite auction site. Might find some interesting rebranded JBODs. ;)

You have my sword. :wink:
And my axe!

Lol, speaking of "Free" this is what I got when I hit that Bloomberg link :) I'll take your word for it though, sounds like wrong company ;)
Screenshot 2021-04-07 at 4.22.09 PM.png

edit: ninja'd, but I remembered to expand the View More dialog ;)

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Thanks, everyone, for keeping this friendly and constructive.
Thanks, @Kris Moore, for clarifying.
So possibly even thanks to @Poppa for bringing this up, even if only for that last part and @ornias enlightenment.

Let's keep it civilised, folks. And yes, guilty as charged, I do not always heed my own advice.

Fun thread, after all.

ornias

Wizard
Thanks, everyone, for keeping this friendly and constructive.
Thanks, @Kris Moore, for clarifying.
So possibly even thanks to @Poppa for bringing this up, even if only for that last part and @ornias enlightenment.

Let's keep it civilised, folks. And yes, guilty as charged, I do not always heed my own advice.

Fun thread, after all.
Yeah, i'm not here just to blame people and companies for being douches.
I point out what I see and what I think is good or wrong.

Some things from iX I love, some things I don't.
But one thing I've learned is not to start some sort of shouting-match how bad things are during a gosh damn alpha phase :P

(I still think TrueCommand is bloody brilliant from a sales perspective though ;-) )

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Okey.. the irony...
Anyway, I did check the address... and well, some guy named "Morgan" showed up on it that sounded somewhat familiar :P

How about some "Fair Use" ;-)

View attachment 46383

To be fair:
I've NO IDEA how to check US companies thoroughly... Not my specialty :P
Bloomberg needs a more reliable storage system??? or they screwed up their data entry.

Brett Davis

Administrator
Administrator
iXsystems
This thread prompted me to research Olympus Partners. I felt like it probably made sense to get to know them since they're apparently now on our Board of Directors :tongue:

I think I found Bloomberg's confusion (well...at least in this particular case, that is). Here's one of their portfolio companies:

1617911375520.png

While we do have some folks at the company that love modifying cars (myself included), I'm sad to report that it's not a business iXsystems is in

Edit: between this and the SuperMicro "spychip" scandal, we are apparently in the business of correcting Bloomberg's misinformation, however :wink:

Double Edit to be totally clear: iXsystems has no affiliation with Olympus Partners.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.