Is it normal to have snapshots of jails templates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indivision

Guru
I'm having some issues with snapshots and replication that I suspect are related to migrating configurations over multiple new versions of FreeNAS. So, I'm trying to clean everything up and start from scratch.

In my snapshots list, I have a few snapshots of jails templates. I had assumed before that this was part of FreeNAS maybe as a way to store and duplicate the templates for multiple jails. But, now, I'm wondering if they should be there?

I looked through documentation, forum, etc. and couldn't find an answer. Anyone know? Does everyone have these snapshots:

zzz/jails/.warden-template-standard
zzz/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail
zzz/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail-9.2-x64

Snapshot Name (for all): "Clean"

indivision

Guru
No. I would still like to understand that one more.

If it's a functional part of FreeNAS, seems like these should be hidden from the user (what operation would they ever need to perform via the snapshots page?) or at least mentioned in the docs that they will appear. Maybe it is there and I missed it... Just skimmed the snapshots and jails sections and didn't see it...

D

dlavigne

Definitely not in the docs. It's worth making a bug report at bugs.freenas.org indicating that they should either be hidden and not affect replication or properly documented. Post the issue number here once you create the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.