Is it me, or is the forum slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0nkey_

MVP
Trying to access the forums lately has been a bit of a chore. Sometimes it will load, other times it will not. I may have to refresh several times. Even when replying to posts, I get the little spinner in the top right of the browser and my post doesn't show up. I often have to send it again.

Anyone else having the same?

Redcoat

MVP
Yes, indeed. Several times I have had to delete duplicate posts which have been inadvertently created when I believed that the first post attempt had not completed so hit the button again. Also have seen "Unavailable" when attempting to log in to the forums

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Yeah, it happens occasionally with no discernible pattern. 99% of the time it's okay, 0.8% of the time it slows down a bit and 0.2% of the time it becomes unusable for at least a few minutes.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Yep. Especially when replying. I have made it a habit to copy my post and refresh the page a few times to see if it actually posted or not.

Stux

MVP
I noticed when it’s timing out, hitting stop loading, tends to result in the forum loading fine :-/

Leads me to believe that some silly script is timing out and blocking the page.., perhaps a monetization service?

Stux

MVP
Ironic.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I'm honestly conflicted. I feel like leaving that hexa-post as it is...

wblock

Documentation Engineer
I'm honestly conflicted. I feel like leaving that hexa-post as it is...
I'm not, and I didn't. :)

I had reported this to IT earlier, and they were working on this yesterday. I don't know the current status, but noticed that saving posts felt like it was back to normal yesterday. We'll see.

Just had the problem again while replying. Sat there with the "waiting" deal and then failed with the post not in place. It has been better as this is the first time it has happened today but still something acting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.