IPMI to Onboard LAN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkdickinson

Contributor
I am wanting to set my IPMI to Onboard LAN1 instead of Failover. I need the IPMI to work on the same port as the regular LAN at least for now.

I found in the bios where it says Failover, but there is no way to change it from there. I can't find a setting in the IPMI interface.

I know this is changeable, but can't seem to find it. At a loss??

Thanks,

Kirk

Attachments

• Failover.jpg
    Failover.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 349

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
On mine it's under Network -> LAN interface. Change it to Shared.

LAN Interface: This feature allows the user to select the port to be used for IPMI out-of-band communication.
  • The default setting is Failover, which will allow IPMI to be connected from either the shared LAN port (LAN1/0) or the dedicated IPMI LAN port. Precedence is given to the Dedicated LAN port over the shared LAN port.
  • Select [Dedicated LAN] for IPMI to connect through the IPMI Dedicated LAN port at all time.
  • Select Shared LAN for IPMI to connect through the LAN port on the board.

kirkdickinson

Contributor
Where? There isn't a Network tab in my BIOS. Under IPMI there is a setting called BMC Network Configuration, that is what I provided the screen capture of. No place to change the setting there.

In the IPMI management interface there is Configuration -> Network, but no setting there for LAN Interface.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
upload_2015-10-27_16-18-30.png

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Does it work now?

kirkdickinson

Contributor
Yes, it is working now. I have an empty box that is now working on my network. Maybe it is time to put some drives in and start setting up the storage.

IPMI is really cool. I didn't know anything about this when I started down this road to FreeNAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.