IPMI Failed - FreeNAS-9.2.1-RELEASE-x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Pretty much the same as the OP, the GUI reports "IPMI failed" when I enter the network settings for the IPMI. No spot to enter user name in the FreeNAS GUI, but it's set as the default "ADMIN" from the Supermicro IPMI.
That's odd, because the ASpeed 2400 BMC tends to work for pretty much everyone.

I don't have the time to mess around with it right now, but both my X10SLM+-F (9.3.1-Stable) and X11SSM-F (9.10) can read the current settings just fine.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Pretty much the same as the OP, the GUI reports "IPMI failed" when I enter the network settings for the IPMI. No spot to enter user name in the FreeNAS GUI, but it's set as the default "ADMIN" from the Supermicro IPMI.

I don't have the time to mess around with it right now, but both my X10SLM+-F (9.3.1-Stable) and X11SSM-F (9.10) can read the current settings just fine. Both of them use the same ASpeed 2400 BMC.

soulburn

Contributor

I don't have the time to mess around with it right now, but both my X10SLM+-F (9.3.1-Stable) and X11SSM-F (9.10) can read the current settings just fine.
Yeah I can't really imagine what else I can try. The only other option in the FreeNAS GUI is "channel" and it's set to its only option, which is 1. Is there a way to specify the IPMI user in the FreeNAS GUI?

kyp

Explorer
I'm also getting an "IMPI failed" (I've got an X10SL7-F).
It's unclear what password "Network" > "IPMI" is referring to? - I'm assuming it's the ADMIN.
Does this conifg give you anything extra GUI-wise in addition to ipmitool from shell?

It looks like a bug report is already active: https://bugs.pcbsd.org/issues/4478 - latest update seems like issue is not understood?

Forgot to state that I'm running 9.10.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Does this conifg give you anything extra GUI-wise in addition to ipmitool from shell?
No, it's just a convenient option to restore IPMI access if you accidentally change something and can't get into the GUI.

janosch

Cadet
I have same problem on Freenas 9.10 and Supermicro X10SRi-F

maybe a problem where the regular nic(s) and the IPMI-Nic are on the same network?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I have same problem on Freenas 9.10 and Supermicro X10SRi-F

maybe a problem where the regular nic(s) and the IPMI-Nic are on the same network?
Doesn't seem the least bit likely. Many people have their IPMI NICs on the same network as the i210s, on many different platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.