\\ipaddress\SMBshare works, but \\servername\SMBshare does not - Why?

SoonerLater

Explorer
When I open File Explorer on a Windows 10 pc to \\Jessie\Scansnap, I receive an error:
Freenas-11.2-U8 - error.jpg

However, if I point File Explorer at \\192.168.86.43\Scansnap I can see the files:
Freenas-11.2-U8 - success.jpg

How/why can this happen? Shouldn't it either work both ways or not work both ways? What allows it to work with \\ipaddress, but not \\servername?

And just to be clear, the other shares on this server (\\Jessie\Video, \\Jessie\Audiobooks, etc.) all work using the servername. It's only with the SMB Share "Scansnap" that it only works using \\ipaddress\sharename.

Server name: Jessie (running FreeNAS 11.2-U8)
Server IP address: 192.168.86.43
Pool Name: Jessie
Dataset: Scans (mnt/Jessie/Scans)
SMB Share: Scans (points to mnt/Jessie/Scans; guest access allowed; not browseable to network clients)
SMB Share: Scansnap (points to mnt/Jessie/Scans; no guest access allowed; is browseable to network clients)

Check to see if your DNS resolves Jessie to 192.168.86.43

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Client might be for some reason blocking on failed netbios name query. Try enabling "Netbios NS" service under network->global configuration.

SoonerLater

Explorer
Check to see if your DNS resolves Jessie to 192.168.86.43

At a command prompt on a Windows 10 pc, I tried to ping jessie and it resolved. And as I said before, I can open \\Jessie\Video, \\Jessie\Audiobooks, \\Jessie\E-Books... all of the other SMB shares on Jessie. There's something unique about \\Jessie\Scansnap.

Freenas-11.2-U8 - ping.jpg

SoonerLater

Explorer
Client might be for some reason blocking on failed netbios name query. Try enabling "Netbios NS" service under network->global configuration.
I don't see that option in my installation. Probably I don't understand your instructions.

Freenas-11.2-U8 - network.jpg