iocage Release Rollback

Thousandbuckle

Contributor
Hello all, I am running TrueNAS-12.0-U3 and have been upgrading the iocage version of my Plex jail from 11 to 12. I did incremental upgrades of the icoage versions to try and get to 12.2-RELEASE-p6. I was able to finish all of the iocage upgrades but once I finally reached the latest iocage version of 12.2-RELEASE-p6 I found that Plex was exiting on signal 11 constantly now which was never a problem before.

My question to you, is it possible to Downgrade an iocage release to a previous version? I have snapshots of my jails data sets and if I do a test roll back that does not affect the iocage release, only the dataset itself.

Hope someone has some information that might be helpful.

ThreeDee

Guru
have you tried simply stopping the jail and then restarting? .. or rebooting your server? Both of which have "fixed" odd issues over the years with jail updates/upgrades ..only resorting to the latter when the former didn't do the trick

Thousandbuckle

Contributor
Hi ThreeDee, yeah I rebooted the Jail and the TrueNAS box a couple of times but did not fix it. I did a snapshot back up to 12.1 but in the jail it never changed the icoage version, it stayed at the 12.2. That is what led me to the question how do you roll back an iocage upgrade? I assumed as you mentioned going back to an older snapshot would do it but did not seem to be the case.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
That is what led me to the question how do you roll back an iocage upgrade?
You rollback all datasets of the jail from snapshots. Including <jail pool>/iocage/<jail name>. This is where iocage places a config.json file that records the jail version independently of what is actually installed/running.